More than 500
racing per year
vertical elevation per year
The problems we are trying to solve:
- THERE IS NO CURRENT PLATFORM TO IDENTIFY, RECOGNISE AND DEVELOP SA TALENT or ranking system to inform selections.
- THERE IS NO SUSTAINABILITY WITH FEDERATION MODEL AND LACK OF FUNDING, to provide enablement for athletes and teams.
- SA ROAD CYCLING EVENTS ARE DESIGNED FOR MASS PARTICIPATION and not preparation for top athletes, to perform at international levels.
- LIMITED COVERAGE (AND SPECTATOR VALUE) to create any real fan engagement, sponsorship opportunity and other revenues.
- SOUTH AFRICA IS NO LONGER THE #1 NATION IN AFRICA, limiting access to UCI invitations, as well as South Africa qualifying for more selection for World Championships, Commonwealth and Olympic Games.
We make it possible, to create a SUSTAINABLE, TRANSPARENT and ATHLETE-CENTRIC Road Cycling Ecosystem – ENABLING ATHLETES TO PERFORM at international levels, by engineering INNOVATIVE FUNDING mechanisms that have an IMPACT on South African Road Cyclists and their Teams.
- TO RECOGNISE SOUTH AFRICA’S TOP ATHLETES AND TEAMS – by developing a mechanism to track and rank athletes and teams, competing on the SA Road Cycling Calendar. These will be recognized at an awards event.
- TO ENABLE ATHLETES WITH ACCESS TO FUNDING AND INFRASTRUCTURE – by unleashing the passion South Africans have for cycling, creating fan engagement and engineering innovative funding mechanisms to support Athlete and Team infrastructure.
- TO PREPARE OUR LOCALLY-BASED ATHLETES FOR INTERNATIONAL RACING – by accessing more UCI events (locally and on other continents) and, creating conduits into Europe and Africa for South African athletes, to gain international-level racing experience.
- CREATE MORE FAN ENGAGEMENT AND UNLOCKING OF VALUE FOR INVESTORS IN SA CYCLING – through a fan engagement platform that provides interaction with athletes and teams, enabled by digital media.
- TO GET SOUTH AFRICA BACK AS THE NO. 1 CYCLING NATION IN AFRICA – by enabling the earning of UCI Points in Africa [and other continental] Tours and Events.