More than 500
racing per year
vertical elevation per year
The problems we are trying to solve:
- THERE IS NO CURRENT PLATFORM TO IDENTIFY, RECOGNISE AND DEVELOP SA TALENT or ranking system to inform selections.
- THERE IS NO SUSTAINABILITY WITH FEDERATION MODEL AND LACK OF FUNDING, to provide enablement for athletes and teams.
- SA ROAD CYCLING EVENTS ARE DESIGNED FOR MASS PARTICIPATION and not preparation for top athletes, to perform at international levels.
- LIMITED COVERAGE (AND SPECTATOR VALUE) to create any real fan engagement, sponsorship opportunity and other revenues.
- SOUTH AFRICA MUST REMAIN IN THE NUMBER ONE CYCLING NATION IN AFRICA to continue to access to UCI invitations, as well as for South Africa qualifying for more selection for World Championships, Commonwealth and Olympic Games.
We make it possible, to create a SUSTAINABLE, TRANSPARENT and ATHLETE-CENTRIC Road Cycling Ecosystem – ENABLING ATHLETES TO PERFORM at international levels, by engineering INNOVATIVE FUNDING mechanisms that have an IMPACT on South African Road Cyclists and their Teams.
- TO RECOGNISE SOUTH AFRICA’S TOP ATHLETES AND TEAMS – by developing a mechanism to track and rank athletes and teams, competing on the SA Road Cycling Calendar. These will be recognized at an awards event.
- TO ENABLE ATHLETES WITH ACCESS TO FUNDING AND INFRASTRUCTURE – by unleashing the passion South Africans have for cycling, creating fan engagement and engineering innovative funding mechanisms to support Athlete and Team infrastructure.
- TO PREPARE OUR LOCALLY-BASED ATHLETES FOR INTERNATIONAL RACING – by accessing more UCI events (locally and on other continents) and, creating conduits into Europe and Africa for South African athletes, to gain international-level racing experience.
- CREATE MORE FAN ENGAGEMENT AND UNLOCKING OF VALUE FOR INVESTORS IN SA CYCLING – through a fan engagement platform that provides interaction with athletes and teams, enabled by digital media.
- TO GET SOUTH AFRICA BACK AS THE NO. 1 CYCLING NATION IN AFRICA – by enabling the earning of UCI Points in Africa [and other continental] Tours and Events.