WHAT IS THE
ROAD CYCLING SERIES?
The ROAD CYCLING SERIES leverages the existing SA Road Cycling calendar with over twenty 1-Day Classic Races, six Multi-stage Tours and the SA National Championships and, covering over 4 500km of racing and more than 50 000m of vertical elevation. We track and rank over 500 athletes on a leader board, in the Junior, U23 / Elite Mens and Ladies and Vets A and B Mens categories. Our intent is to recognise SA’s top South African road cycling Teams and Athletes and to assist in informing selections for the National Team.
Points are awarded to Athletes and Teams, based on the final results from each of the selected events (as provided by the race organizer) and accumulated throughout the annual race season. At the end of the Series, winners will be recognized at the ROAD CYCLING SERIES AWARDS EVENT.
Ride As Much Or As Little, As Long Or As Short As You Feel – Just Ride.
Life’s A Climb But The View Is Great!
2019 ROAD CYCLING SERIES AWARDS
The following Awards Categories will be recognised:
- SERIES WINNER – top performing athlete for the 2019 road cycling season, in Ladies and Men Junior and U23 / Elite and Vets A and B Men categories.
- BEST YOUNG RIDER – top performing U23 Ladies and Men in SA for the 2019 season.
- BEST 1-DAY CLASSICS RIDER – best Junior and U23 / Elite Men riders in 2019 1-Day Classics.
- BEST TOUR RIDER – top performing Junior and U23 / Elite Men riders in 2019 Tours.
- MOST VALUABLE RIDER – the rider that contributes most toward the overall success of the team, as voted by Team Managers after each event in the Series.
- BEST SA TEAM – LOCAL – top SA team in 2019 in the U23 / Elite Ladies and Men and Vets A and B Men categories.
- BEST SA TEAM – UCI – top performing CSA-registered team in the U23 / Elite Men category competing in 2019 UCI events.
*For more information and Competition Rules, please view the Road Cycling Series Guide.
TO THE 2019 ROAD CYCLING SERIES AWARDS
*Opening of ticket sales to be announced.