WHAT IS THE
ROAD CYCLING SERIES?
The ROAD CYCLING SERIES leverages the existing SA Road Cycling calendar with over twenty 1-Day Classic Races, six Multi-stage Tours and the SA National Championships and, covering over 4 500km of racing and more than 50 000m of vertical elevation.
We track and rank over 1 000 athletes on a leader board, in the Junior, U23 / Elite Mens and Ladies and Vets A and B Mens categories. Our intent is to recognise SA’s top South African road cycling Teams and Athletes and to assist in informing selections for the National Team.
Points are awarded to Athletes and Teams, based on the final results from each of the selected events (as provided by the race organizer) and accumulated throughout the annual race season. At the end of the Series, winners will be recognized at the ROAD CYCLING SERIES AWARDS EVENT.
In addition to recognising local talent, each week we publish the overall standings of other South African riders who are achieving notable results on the World Stage including the UCI Rankings of these riders.
As a result of Covid-19, the Road Cycling Series is currently on hold, with the leaderboards frozen as at 30 March 2020.
With the postponement of events worldwide, Support SA Talent launched in May a Virtual Racing Series. Participants may enter as Individuals or as Teams and each week points are allocated. These points are accumulated over the 10-week Series and a prize pool will be distributed at the end of the Series.
Participants are encouraged to make donations to the Phil Liggett Foundation and, get their name included on the Hall of Fame as well as placed in a draw to win a VIP INVITATION to a special Doolhof Wines Tasting, hosted by Phil Liggett.
YOU CAN MAKE A DONATION HERE
Life’s A Climb But The View Is Great!
2019 ROAD CYCLING SERIES AWARDS
The following Awards Categories will be recognised:
- SERIES WINNER – top performing athlete for the 2019 road cycling season, in Ladies and Men Junior and U23 / Elite and Vets A and B Men categories.
- BEST YOUNG RIDER – top performing U23 Ladies and Men in SA for the 2019 season.
- BEST 1-DAY CLASSICS RIDER – best Junior and U23 / Elite Men riders in 2019 1-Day Classics.
- BEST TOUR RIDER – top performing Junior and U23 / Elite Men riders in 2019 Tours.
- MOST VALUABLE RIDER – the rider that contributes most toward the overall success of the team, as voted by Team Managers after each event in the Series.
- BEST SA TEAM – LOCAL – top SA team in 2019 in the U23 / Elite Ladies and Men and Vets A and B Men categories.
- BEST SA TEAM – UCI – top performing CSA-registered team in the U23 / Elite Men category competing in 2019 UCI events.
TO THE 2019 ROAD CYCLING SERIES AWARDS