WHAT IS THE
ROAD CYCLING SERIES?
The ROAD CYCLING SERIES leverages the existing SA Road Cycling calendar with over twenty 1-Day Classic Races, six Multi-stage Tours and the SA National Championships and, covering over 4 000km of racing and more than 40 000m of vertical elevation. We track and rank over 500 athletes on a leader board, in the Junior, U23 and Elite (Men’s and Ladies) categories. Our intent is to recognise SA’s top South African road cycling Teams and Athletes and to assist in informing selections for the National Team.
Points are awarded to Athletes and Teams, based on the final results from each of the selected events (as provided by the race organizer) and accumulated throughout the annual race season. At the end of the Series, winners will be recognized at the ROAD CYCLING SERIES AWARDS EVENT.
Ride As Much Or As Little, As Long Or As Short As You Feel – Just Ride.
2018 SERIES LEADERBOARD
Life’s A Climb But The View Is Great!
2018 ROAD CYCLING SERIES AWARDS
The following Awards Categories will be recognised:
- SERIES WINNER – Top performing athlete for the 2018 road cycling season, in Junior and U23 / Elite – Ladies and Men’s Categories.
- BEST YOUNG RIDER – top performing U23 Ladies and Men’s in SA for the 2018 season.
- BEST SOUTH AFRICAN TEAM – top SA teams in 2018 in the U23 / Elite – Ladies and Men’s categories.
- BEST 1-DAY CLASSICS RIDER – best Junior and U23 / Elite – Ladies and Men’s rider in 2018 1-Day Classics.
- BEST TOUR RIDER – top performing Junior and U23 / Elite Men’s riders in 2018 Tours.
- MOST COMBATIVE RIDER – top voted U23 / Elite – Men’s rider across 2018 Tours.
- MOST VALUABLE DOMESTQUE – top voted U23 / Elite – Men’s rider throughout the 2018 season.
*For more information and Competition Rules, please view the Road Cycling Series Guide.